HTML Colour Groups

Terence Heaford theaford at btinternet.com
Sun May 31 12:10:00 EDT 2020

It seems that LC only supports the use of names that can be found by

put the colorNames function

and

“Crimson” is not one of those.

How the names of colors included is determined, I do not know.

I just thought (clearly incorrectly) that HTML colors were included.

On another point.

When you use Hex directly as in

set the background color of graphic 1 to #FFC0CB

works but….

set tColor to “#FFC0CB”

set the background color of graphic 1 to tColor

does not.

Could someone explain how to do hex with a variable

Thanks

Terry