iOS Provisioning Profile issue

Jimmieson, Phil phil at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri May 22 11:34:09 EDT 2020

Hi Graham,
What I usually do when I have provisioning profile problems is:

locate the folder that contains my downloaded profiles -  it’s in your personal library folder in your home folder (which by default is hidden).

In my case I open a window to:

/Users/phil/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/

Trash all of the profiles in there.

Start Xcode, and once it’s running go to preferences and select the accounts tab. From the area on the right of the window, select download manual profiles - this will re-download the profiles from Apple (and repopulate the folder that you just emptied).

All of that usually solves the problem. I did once have an issue where even that didn’t work, and in that case I logged in to Apple's developer site, trashed the provisioning profile and re-created it. I then went through the sequence outlined above and this time it was successful.