Obtaining URL to latest Stable LC Server

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu May 21 13:44:38 EDT 2020

Ralph DiMola wrote:

> I use the commercial server so I can use password encrypted stacks.
> I have an app that the customer required encryption of all data and source
> code. The library stack is in the iOS app/APK is also used on the backend
> server. I don't want to have to strip the passcode from the stack when
> release updates to the app/LC server. Besides the customer asked that all
> source code be encrypted in the app or on the sever so I complied.
>
> Edge case... probably... But LC stack encryption made the customer happy so
> that made me happy.

I like it when clients write requirements in a way that rule out pretty
much everything else but LiveCode.

The more popular server languages - PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc. - all
use plain text, so with a requirement for source encryption every
industry-standard option is off the table.

Now if only we could get that requirement to catch on... :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems