FormattedHeight

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat May 2 01:24:16 EDT 2020

Yes, that seems to be the problem. I have a long text field that exceeds the maximum. There's
an enclosing group to be compatible with acceleratedRendering on mobile. The same setup is used
for all the field/group combinations in the stack and they all work except this one, but the
others are all shorter.

I set the inner field to its full formattedHeight inside the group, which is shorter. The group
has a behavior that scrolls the content.

I discovered today that if I set the behavior on the field instead of its enclosing group, I
can make it scroll. But acceleratedRendering on a field is jerky and doesn't work very well on
mobile. I can't break up the text, it has to be all one block. I have tried setting the group
to container layermode without success.

If you're wondering why the text exceeds the maximum, this is for a mobile app and there is not
only a lot of heavy formatting with large headings and spaceBelow, but the text size is largish
so that it is readable on a tiny phone. That makes the pixel count pretty high.

I only have a very short time left to solve this.