Answer dialog enhancement...

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Mar 31 20:35:41 EDT 2020

I had to create my own for mobile since the default didn't do what I
wanted. I implemented it as a group. When the user hits the OK button it
places the response in the dialogdata and sends a message to the card. The
card has a handler that captures the message and gets the dialogdata to do
what it needs. If the user cancels, the dialogdata contains "cancel".

I keep the group in an unplaced background, and when I need it I copy it to
the card. When it's dismissed I delete it. That way I don't need to include
it on all the cards. I trigger it with a command that passes any necessary
data to the group as parameters.

I don't think it's possible to remove the answer dialog from an app, the
last time I tried it reselected itself, so I just ignore it. Since I was
using it on mobile this works pretty well, but on desktop it would be
confined to the card rect. You could do the same thing with a stack, which
would eliminate the need to copy anything.

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On March 31, 2020 6:11:51 PM Paul Dupuis via use-livecode