specialFolderPath, Microsoft Window, and 64 bits

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Mar 31 12:52:22 EDT 2020

> The Windows Registry uses HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths as the path to the installation folder for all installed applications.
>
> put queryRegistry("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\AcroRd32.exe\path")
>
> seems to work.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that will not work in our case

In at least one actual customer instance we have - out customer is
running our app on a Microsoft Terminal Server and users get a remote
desktop access to the server to run our app. In this specific case,
REGISTRY queries get the users local registery on the CLIENT, but PATH
queries check file paths on the SERVER, so registry checks do not work
in this case.