Cross-platform Bluetooth and Speech to text

R.H. roland.huettmann at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:38:29 EDT 2020

For an interactive learning app using audio and video, I received a request
to use Bluetooth to control the player remotely.  Also this app shall be
extended later to speech commands such as: "Go back", "Go forward", "Stop",
"Next lesson", "Repeat section" etc.

Cross-platform Blootooth

I see that there is mergeBLE for Blootooth for iOS and OS X, but not for
Windows and Android. Since the mergeBLE Bluetooth API is not supported on
Android, Windows, Linux, would it be possible to use LCB to develop such
interface? Does anyone of you know of any plans to support the full set of
Bluetooth (up to version 5) on all or at least the major platforms? Maybe
there are some cross-platform libraries that could be used? There are Java
and Objective-C libraries I know. But I would not know how to make them
available to LiveCode.

Cross-platform Speech to Text

Has anybody ever implemented "speech to text" (not TTS)? It should be
possible with the browser widget using web API's: Microsoft Cognitive
Serrvices, IBM Watson, Speechmatics...? But ideally, it would not depend on
available Internet connection and use some good enough text recognition
engine.

Here I would like to use it for commands, but in general, I guess, it is an
interface that is used more and more also to simply bring speech to text in
all major languages.

Roland