Any electronic document formats offering interactivity?

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 06:48:24 EDT 2020

Thanks for responses.

I should have been clearer.  As usual.

The interactivity within LC is no problem.  The user effectively creates a ‘dashboard’ profile representing their own assessment of multiple risk factors at play in a particular case.  Currently, a representation of the resultant profile can then be captured as static image or PDF.  To keep the dashboard as clean as possible, within the app, explanatory notes are hidden unless labels are clicked.  I was wondering if it might be possible to retain just this aspect of functionality.  So someone viewing previously saved profiles could access pop-up explanatory notes.  It seems to me that PDF could offer that, but 1 it is hard to do and 2 many PDF viewers don’t offer the interactivity promised by Adobe.

I did briefly consider HTML, but wanted to deliver a single file as the output, and an image of the dashboard profile is essential.

An alternative strategy I think is going to be preferable, would be to save locked cards to a ‘results’ stack as the output format.  I was kind of hoping minimally interactive profiles could be saved in a more generally accessible format, but it seems (once again) what is easy in LC is blimming tricky outside it.

Cheers,

David G