Any electronic document formats offering interactivity?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Mar 18 20:05:22 EDT 2020

Hi David,

as Richard says, there are many unknowns, or unstated constraints, etc.
- so anyone who would try to give a detailed answer without more details
is either:

  - brave

  - foolhardy  or

  - just foolish.

So here I go .... you choose which of the above adjectives fits :-)

Possibly a suitable format is .... HTML.

Not just any old html, but a carefully selected subset / context.

Deliver a single, self-contained file of html. CSS and a small amount of
JS all inline within the file.

Put in enough JS library/framework  (i.e. probably lift a minimal subset
of Bootstrap or similar) to provide any kinds of interactivity you need
such as clever tooltips, etc.), and build a LC tool to create the
elements you want to place.

-- Alex.

P.S. If you need images then this "single page" idea breaks - you might
need to make images be "in the cloud" and require Internet connectivity.