ODBC Connections

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Mar 18 16:41:30 EDT 2020

Hmmm your example works, so yes the dictionary is wrong (again). It states revOpenDatabase("odbc", hostAddress, databaseName, [userName],[passWord],[cursorType]).

"hostAddress" should actually be "dsnName". Also the Disctionary example seems to indicate the userName and passWord arguments are optional but they are not. I get the same error using your corrected example sans the user/pass.

One more question if I may, can I access an ODBC connection remotely? If so, how would I specifiy which actual server I want to connect to?

Bob S