Windows Slowness

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Mar 16 14:37:58 EDT 2020

On 3/16/2020 2:27 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> Bob Sneidar wrote:
> > Not complaining just reporting. The same standalone on a Mac takes 3
> > seconds to load all the data from a series of sql queries. The same
> > information on Windows standalone takes 13 seconds, both 32 bit and 64
> > bit, and irregardless of whether or not it is running in a VM. It's
> > just windows networking. It sucks!
>
> Thank you for that info.  Do you have system specs and a sample script
> we might use to follow along?

Most time my Windows 10 laptop slows LC (IDE or SA) down it is due to
some other process chewing up time. This is Off Topic, but does any know
of a safe, reliable tool that will look at all the processes you see
when you bring up the Task Manager and help you figure out what you
really and need and what you don't?

For example, when I just brought up the Task Manager while working on
this post, I have
Apps (6)
Background Processes (92)
Windows Processes (92)

(A pure coincidence that the number were both 92 when I did this!)