Philosophical questions about the fontNames

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Mar 13 11:32:45 EDT 2020

Also, there are two major types of vector based fonts: TrueType and OpenType. OpenType is a Microsoft format, but the same font file can be used for Windows and Mac.

TrueType gets a little tricky. TrueType fonts made for Windows will also work for Mac. TrueType made for Mac must be CONVERTED to work with Windows. There are free utilities that will do this conversion for you. I use dFontSplitter for Mac, but I'm sure there are others.

HTH
Bob S