LC & Catalina; macOS 10.15.x; Xcode 11.3.x; iOS 13.3.x support ???

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 12 23:33:01 EDT 2020

I see now. I confess that I stopped reading the subject itself after a
while when the thread took off on a tangent. You make a valid point. LC
actually did what you describe when 64-bit started to be required on OS X.
They released a rapid update and made the deadline but it was close. I
heard they really had to scramble, but they knew how important it was.
Apparently Apple doesn't give much advance notice to third-party IDE
developers. If you're working in Xcode these changes are less intrusive.

I haven't yet installed Catalina, but I submitted an app to the App Store
last week built with Xcode 11.1 and LC 9.6dp2, and it ran on iOS 13. It was
not rejected for that reason (though I did screw up on something else.)
Unless something has changed since then, I think you can proceed. LC has
always met the final deadlines for these things and I'm sure they'll do it
again.

But I agree that a longer lead time would ease everyone's mind. Is Xcode
11.3 or iOS 13.3 required soon? I thought we still had a month or more left.

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On March 12, 2020 8:54:11 PM Pi Digital via use-livecode