LivecodeServer for ARM Cortex-A7

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 4 18:44:51 EST 2020

Heriberto Torrado wrote:

 > I tried several times to cross-compile livecode server community
 > edition from the github repository on an Allwinner H3 processor device
 > (sun8iw7p1 ARM Cortex-A7) FriendElec Nano pi Plus M1.
 >
 > All times I tried it I got this error: Unknow platform.

Are you using the code base for the Raspbery Pi?

AFAIK it hasn't been touched since v7.0.4, but unless you need specific
newer features it shouldn't (fingers crossed) be that hard to compile
for your ARM device.

But you may not need to compile it.  Have you tried the compiled build
from the Downloads page?:

https://livecodestatic.com/downloads/livecode/7_0_4/LiveCodeCommunityInstaller-7_0_4-Linux.rpi

It has a few serious problems trying to run it in a GUI, but on a
faceless server I've had good luck with it both under Raspbian and
Ubuntu Core.

--
Richard Gaskin
Fourth World Systems