Powerpoint to LiveCode

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Mar 3 10:42:10 EST 2020

Maybe it's just me, but I read through the XML library and I couldn't come up with a method for parsing an XML file produced by one of our copier vendors. Granted, the XML was really complex. But just the process of drilling down into the XML seemed so onerous, I gave up. I suppose too that understanding the structure of the specific XML is important, and the structure of the file I was parsing is almost hopelessly complex.

I looked at the XML lesson, but it is really basic. If anyone has an XML parser that can convert to text or even better an array, in a format that can be easily converted back to the exact same XML that produced it, that would go a long way to getting me up to speed on it.

I suppose if I understood the constraints of XML I could do better.

Bob S