AR in LiveCode Browser?

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Tue Jun 30 13:09:37 EDT 2020

Ikea's app does this.  Many other apps also provide an in-app AR expierence.   How are they doing it?   And how can I do this in my LC app?

-Dan

    On 2020-06-30 15:46, Dan Friedman via use-livecode wrote:
    > Klaus,
    >
    > No, mobile.  If I open the link (https://nexen.ehpec.com/usdz.html) in
    > Safari on my iPhone, I get total interaction with the AR (Augmented
    > Reality) object.  If I open the same URL in a LiveCode browser (native
    > or widget) it doesn't open the object at all.

    It seems that WKWebView (which is the embeddable browser framework on
    iOS, and the only one*) does not support AR files -
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60685400/ar-images-not-working-inside-the-wkwebview.

    Warmest Regards,

    Mark.

    * On iOS there is only allowed to be one browser framework - the one
    Apple provides. Chrome and Firefox (and all other 'alternative'
    browsers) are just 'familiar' UI wrappers around WKWebView.

    LiveCode: Everyone can create apps