iOS Browser Widget and javascriptHandlers Update

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Mon Jun 29 18:16:22 EDT 2020

Just a warning. I fixed this by deleting and recreating the Browser Widget.
The Widget was created in v9.5.1 and apparently was not compatible with
v9.6.0. I changed the code to delete all browser widgets and recreate them.
I wasted a couple of days debugging and then creating a small test program.
The test program worked and then the preverbal light bulb came on and I
deleted/recreated widget in full app... Voilà, everything worked. I don't
know how we can prevent things like this is the future? Maybe widgets should
have some sort of version code to warn you of this.

beware

LC 9.6

I create I browser widget. I add a JavaScript Handler using (set the
javascriptHandlers). Load webpage on an https server. The callbacks to LC
work OK in Win 10 IDE and on Android deployment. On iOS 13 testers report
the JavaScript call backs don't work first time but on subsequent loads of
the page it works OK. This is the initial problem. So I fired up my test
device to see what's going on. This is where it get weird.

My test device is an iPad Mini running iOS 12.4.7 and JavaScript Handler
call back to LC never works. I put some JavaScript "alert"s in the code for
debugging. The alerts never show up but does show on Android and in the IDE.
The alerts also show up in Safari and Chrome on the same 12.4.7 device just
not in the browser widget. I verified that the remaining JavaScript code in
the page is actually running just fine but no JavaScript Handler call backs
or alerts are working.

Could there a plist permission issue? I'm at a loss... Any ideas?

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net