Set Line color in dG?

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:51:10 EDT 2020

Bill,

The example you mention is probably using a custom column behavior script
for accomplishing this.
Do you have copied the button in your project? The button must be linked to
your datagrid by using the following code:

set the dgProp["default column behavior"] of grp "myDatagrid" to the long
id of btn "myBtn"

Best Regards,

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 8:55 PM William Prothero via use-livecode <

> Folks:
> I’m having trouble getting the line color of a dataGrid to change. The
> lessons shows a very simple tutorial and the download example works.
> However, in my application, it doesn’t.
>
> The code is:
> on mouseup
>
>     put the dgDataOfLine[3] of group "meterReadings" of this cd into
> theDataA
>
>     put not theDataA["line has error"] into theDataA["line has error"]
>
>     set the dgDataOfLine[3] of group "meterReadings" of this cd to theDataA
>
> end mouseup
>
> I get the expected values for the line shown on the datagrid, but the
> color doesn’t change. I’m running Catalina 10.15.5 on a pretty new Mac
> laptop. I’m using livecode 9.6.0 Business.
>
> The mystery is that the downloaded example works as expected, but not on
> my app.
>
> Have I missed something?
>
> Best,
> Bill