Live code server with Debian 8 Jessie

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Mon Jul 13 11:53:45 EDT 2020

On 7/13/20 6:23 AM, Kevin Stallibrass via use-livecode wrote:
> My first time installing live code server with Debian - previously used Ubuntu. Just can’t get the server to work. mod_cgi, mod_actions & mod_alias are enabled, apache2.conf looks correct and I’ve tried various live code server versions both licensed and community.
> The only thing I’m not sure about is the 32bit libraries. The live code lessons quote
> Yum install glib.i686 glib-2.12-1.107.el6_4.2.i686
> Yum install libgcc.i686  Both of which result in files unfound
>
> Has anyone been round this loop and can point me in the right direction?

A couple of things here:

You're trying to install the 32-bit server build on Jessie? On a 32-bit
distro or 64-bit? It sounds like you're trying to mix and match configs,
so I'd say stick with one or the other.

...and Jessie has been superseded for some time now. There haven't been
any security updates for two years and even LTS support ended last
month. Debian 10.4 stable ("buster") was released in May.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com