Message watcher and selectionChanged

Mark Talluto mark at canelasoftware.com
Mon Jul 6 16:18:21 EDT 2020

On Jul 6, 2020, at 9:41 AM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> On 06/07/2020 17:19, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
>> There's a button at the lower right of the window that allows you to select which messages are suppressed. The default is to suppress unused messages but you can change that. IDE messages aren't shown by default either and you can add your own if you want.
>>
> Thanks Jacqueline.
>
> I tried that button, and it tells me (or seems to tell me) that the only 'suppressed' message is 'mousemove' (and it doesn't mention 'unused' at all - only 'handled' and 'not handled' - and neither of those is selected as suppressed). So it's a confusing 'default'.
>
> Now that I know, I will always test with a handler rather than assuming the Watcher is telling the truth.
>
> (Hmmm - that last line feels like I'm in an episode of Buffy, or Once Upon a Time, or ... :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex.

Alex,

You might try Richard Gaskin’s ‘Flight Recorder’. I use it all the time.
You can get it from his site at:  https://www.fourthworld.com/livecode/index.html <https://www.fourthworld.com/livecode/index.html>

I have a modified version that includes a performance boost that I am not sure are part of the original distribution.
http://www.canelasoftware.com/pub/canela/4W_FlightRecorder.rev.zip <http://www.canelasoftware.com/pub/canela/4W_FlightRecorder.rev.zip>

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io <http://livecloud.io/>