Unable to install "altool"

Charles Szasz cszasz at mac.com
Fri Jan 24 13:03:39 EST 2020

For the past three days, I have been trying to install “altool”  for notarization.  I am using a Mac with High Sierra installed and LC 9.6.0 DP2.  I have Xcode 9.4.1 installed on my computer.  I have also set up a two step authentication with my Apple Developer Account and the required App-Specific Password for the app.

The notarization is for an app outside Apple App Store.

I renewed my AppWrapper 3 subscription but it will not notarized my 64 bit app due to the error message in Console:  unable to find utility “altool”

I have tried the following commands in Terminalwhere all unsuccessful:

xcode-select-install
xcode-select -install
xcode-select -r

I read Matthias’ excellent lesson but there was no mention of how to install altool.

I hope someone has a solution for this.

Charles Szasz
cszasz at me.com