move cursor to the end of a line in a field

Douglas A. Ruisaard dougr at telus.net
Wed Dec 23 14:57:17 EST 2020

I need to position the cursor at the end of the contents of a single line
field.  This can be "manually" done by pressing the "END" key while the
cursor is in that field.  I want to do that positioning programmatically...
but ...

I've searched all of the "...KeyDown" message options (e.g. commandKeyDown,
controlKeyDown, optionKeyDown) and the other "key" message options (e.g.
functionKey) and cannot find one which will tell me what the "END" key is...
a Windows resource tells me it is "35"....

"rawKeyDown" tells me the raw key is 65367 ... but how do I "send" a rawkey
value to the active field?  Or, ideally, can someone tell me how to
"emulate" the "END" key and position the cursor at the end of the contents
of a single line field?

Likely simple but I just can't work it out.  Thanks in advance!

Douglas Ruisaard

    Trilogy Software
      (250) 573-3935