Debian 10 install failure

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Thu Dec 17 11:29:24 EST 2020

Hi all,

Continuing my study on Linux alternatives, I've just tried installing
LC9.6.2RC onto the latest Debian 10 (buster) build (clean install in
Parallels from its add VM page). However, it comes up with an error when
installing LC right after double-clicking the installer: "Failed to load
library 'gdk' (tried libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0)". Debian 10 has Gtk 3.x
installed. Is this the problem? Do I need to go back a build to Debian 9?
Or can I still install on 10 somehow with a tweak?

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital *