Trying to use the Segmented Control

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:13:27 EST 2020

Yes, it is a nice widget.

But, because it is a widget it has several quite obvious and annoying
limitations when compared
with making your own thing using the 'old fashioned' objects in LiveCode.

At this point things come to some hard choices:

1. Do you want a quick-and-easy, one-size-fits-all solution?
If you do that's the segmented control widget.

2. Do you want something you can customise to exactly fits your needs?
If you do, chuck the widget and start grouping some customised buttons.

3. Think about Python Libraries . . . [had quite a 'flame thrower' about
them
just last week with someone extolling the supposed virtues of Python].

Richmond.