Cross Platform Font Layout - current workarounds

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 10:03:55 EDT 2020

You are certainly correct about the non-materialising assurances (pace
the fund-raiser a few years back where almost none of the stretch goals
materialised) and the begging for money. Recently LiveCode was
effectively bankrupt and moved from its (needlessly) expensive offices
in the centre of Edinburgh's New Town to somewhere less expensive.

I feel that LiveCode (the company) has never matured from "Kevin and his
mates" to a fully-fledged,
going concern.

It makes me extremely sad, having discovered the "Kevin and his mates"
versions in 2001/2
(RunRev 1.1.1, 2.0 & 2.0.1) that somewhere down the line things got
either stuck or skewed,
as a lot of potential seems to have got lost.

Not least its potential as an entry-level language for teaching and as a
prototyper.