Apps to fight COVID-19

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Fri Apr 10 18:06:27 EDT 2020

On 4/10/20 11:56 AM, Mike Doub via use-livecode wrote:
> Apple and Google adding contact tracking to their OSs
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/business/stock-market-today-coronavirus.html#link-418ae121

 From my limited understanding of this, Apple and Google are creating an
API which will be part of the OS. And then it's up to developers to
create apps and convince users to download them (Apple gets their 30%
off the top, no?). So at best we have reporting from the set of users
who have decided to opt in, download an app, and accept the app's
permissions.

I can just imagine what that permissions list will look like. And if I
ever see a list like that on an app I'm about to install, it goes
straight in the trash. This sounds like a long shot.

Of course, a "standard" app will soon become compulsory for tracking and
permission to be out on the street, as it did in China.

https://twitter.com/ashk4n?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1248659874679902210

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com