Video format for mobile

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 10 17:14:17 EDT 2020

I haven't actually tried either of those because 1) I can't expect users to fiddle with
hardware acceleration, and 2) there aren't any security issues, since (as I just noticed) the
player control in the IDE will play the video.

I thought it didn't work before because the size of the video is so large that all I saw was a
portion of the initial white frame; the controller and edges were far off the card boundaries.
Once I enlarged the card to something huge, I could see the controller and play the video,
which did work.

Since the test stack does not use acceleratedRendering at all, I don't think the bug Mark
mentioned applies, though who knows. I couldn't find a bug report.

I'm now wondering if the video needs to have a special setting for streaming. When I play it
with the LC player in the IDE, it starts up instantaly and plays. On Android, I see a black
rectangle with a controller that disappears after some seconds. After that nothing happens.
I've waited several minutes to see if Android was trying to download the entire file (which is
100 MB) but either I didn't wait long enough or it didn't work. So that's why I'm wondering if
the video needs to be specifically created with a streaming flag.