Devolution bug

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Apr 6 21:13:07 EDT 2020

Andre Garzia wrote:

 > I just reinstalled LC and Devolution here but every time I try opening
 > any of the panes, it does an audible chime. Trying to click any of the
 > tabs in the first pane (the one with about, check for updates, etc)
 > just sounds the chime and doesn't change anything. It feels like there
 > is a modal somewhere offscreen and I can't click it.

I've seen reports in the forums about dialogs opening behind palettes in
recent versions of LC, unrelated to devolution.

Devo rarely does anything modal, but if perhaps you clicked something
that opens a file picker, if you're seeing the same LC bug others have
seen in other contexts, it may be the getfile dialog is opening behind
the pane.

Just a hunch.  Haven't seen this yet, but if you can tell which OS
you're on I'll see if it's possible to reproduce it here.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems