Go to card has become slow

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Apr 6 11:13:46 EDT 2020

Hi Richard.

In review, I tested saving stacks on a standalone Windows Workstation, a VMWARE VM on a very robust server host, a Parallels VM on a workstation and my Mac. As I am saving the stack, I am watching the folder the stack is in. I see the tilde version pop up and go away. On Mac it’s almost instantaneous. On Windows it can be 3 to 4 seconds.

I do the same thing for SQL queries, querying the exact same data on each device I tested on. There are seven individual queries performed for each “transaction” in the Main Form.

On my Mac, it takes about 1 to 2 seconds. On any of the Windows systems above, it takes 5 to 6 seconds, and one of the systems is the ACTUAL mySQL SERVER itself.

I am using sqlYoga to make the queries, but I’ve compared the time it takes to query using sqlYoga to mySQL Workbench, and the lag is very minimal (once I commented out the statements in libsqlYoga that saved the parent stack every time a query was run!)

I disabled Kaspersky during these tests to eliminate that possibility, and Defender is disabled domain wide by Group Policy.

My conclusion remains the same. Networking and File Operations on Windows is generally slower than on a Mac, or let’s call it *nix.

I can throw together a test app for you if you care to check my numbers.

Bob S