Our first Community Zoom Session

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Sat Apr 4 10:45:07 EDT 2020

On 4/3/20 10:27 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

> And as both technologists and citizens, in addition to what Zoom is,
> also valuable is what they're not: not Google Hangouts, not Apple
> FaceTime, not Microsoft Teams, etc.  A startup this successful outside
> the Big Five is helpful for everyone, and devs in particular. Developers
> thrive in diverse and fluid ecosystems.

Well, zoom is hardly a startup any more. I've been using zoom for
some... er... seven or eight years now. Was nice when I was working
around the corner from their office and we could walk over and complain
about a feature. They've got enough servers to handle the throughput of
the sudden surge in volume of new users.

Which makes it even more impressive that they've declared a 90-day
moratorium on new features to work on bug fixes. Would be great if other
companies would do the same in this break from normal.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com