DataGrid question: Suggestions for further enhancements

Niggemann, Bernd Bernd.Niggemann at uni-wh.de
Fri Apr 3 15:43:23 EDT 2020

Roland wrote Thu, 02 Apr 2020 04:08:51 -0700:

Thank you Roland for your detailed list of possible improvements to modTableField

> + Selecting columns:
>
> marking selected columns

I will have to think about that

> + Dragging and dropping columns and rows

presently it is possible to drag line = rows if you set

put true into pBool
dispatch "mtfAllowLineDragging" to group "modTableField 1" with pBool

Or set it from the helper stack tab "data"

You have to press the optionKey while dragging

Whereas you can extract columns from the data field but you can not set them nor drag them.
Again I will have to experiment to see how to eventually implement this.

> + Freezing rows and/or columns:

I am not sure what that is. Are you talking about a spreadsheet like behavior with fixed left column and top row?

> + Field display formats

For sorting you can specify the sort.
However until now I felt that the developer is in control of the format of the data.
A predetermined format for a column would mean a lot of error checking on data input. I am not sure if it is not better to leave that to the developer.

If you plan to use modTableField in a project feel free to email me and I can see if we can work out some modification.

Kind regards
Bernd