Python to LiveCode

kee nethery kee.nethery at elloco.com
Sat Sep 28 23:08:58 EDT 2019

I have converted from language to language and what I did initially was to comment what every section of code did and how it did it (algorithms and logic). The idea was that I should be able to delete the initial code and reproduce it using the comments.

Then take the comments and write the code in the destination language. Yes you might organize it differently but my goal was to get it completely functional so that it could pass the existing unit tests on the original source.

Once the code is functional, I refactored it to make it more in line with the way the destination code is typically structured.

That’s what I did. Tedious but straightforward and successful.

Kee Nethery