Merge and unicode

dsc at swcp.com dsc at swcp.com
Tue Sep 10 14:04:41 EDT 2019

Jacque, these are my latest thoughts as far as possible problems.

1. Dar is very confused and off in the wrong direction. Use big stick.
2. Binary data is in an 8-bit char set encoding causing problems with UTF-8 decode. Check encoding.
3. Field, line and character metadata are interfering. Clear all, then set and get consistently.
4. Merge is not handling binary data as text. Use textDecode first.

Dar Scott
Mad Scientist