Regression iOS: unlock screen for visual effect

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Sep 9 09:53:59 EDT 2019

I am getting a "flicker" instead of a "dissolve"  in LC9.5 + latest iOS on iPhone 12.4.1

command loadNewImage pPath
	lock screen for visual effect
	set the filename of sMainImage to pPath
	setImageToFullCardLoc sMainImage, "portrait", 0,0
	centerMe sMainImage,0,0
	show sMainImage --with visual effect "dissolve"
	unlock screen with visual effect "dissolve"
end loadNewImage

same code, an Android: I get a smooth "dissolve"

I know Apple keeps changing things.
I don't know how far back this goes, where it was OK on an earlier version of LC or whether it was working on an earlier version of iOS...

can anyone confirm?

BR