Catalina

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 14:09:56 EDT 2019

As far as I know, Catalina "exists" inside its "own protected space",
which means that it
is like that awful conversation you have with your embarrassing relative
who is banged
up in one of those American prisons we see in Movies with a thickened
plate-glass window
and 2 retro telephone handsets . . .

. . . I remember having a conversation in 1993 from Connecticut with my
Mum (for her birthday)
in England with one of those cheapo phone cards that went in for fancy
signal-sharing (or something) where,
by the time the person heard what you'd had to say at the other end
you'd had time to regret saying.