Give a bug a hug

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 9 08:26:43 EDT 2019

Lagi Pittas wrote:

 > I did absorb that - nearly 3 years ago - QED.

It's three years more recent than the old list you keep raising.

 > My major itch is the crowdfunding SPECIFICALLY for Sqlite

Thank you! Specifics are the only way things can become actionable.

What needs to be done with SqLite?

 > with a manual and all that.

What should be considered within the scope of the manual?  LC itself is
pretty well documented these days, as is SqLite.  What gap should we fill?

SqLite is very popular in our community.  I suspect it will not be hard
to gather resources for a docs project like this once we define what it
should cover.

 > I respect your opinions but if 2016 is the latest "main update",
 > then  we have a difference of opinion on what good communication is.

Yes, your reference to old materials being less than desirable is noted,
which is why the fixation on a list twice as old is mystifying.

This mystery deepens considering the many discussions here and in the
forums about the Kickstarter list in which you were a participant.  This
has been covered, every several months, with the latest round being just
a few months ago. I'm done repeating that conversation.

Moving forward...

Let's define specific actionable needs, and see what resources are
needed to put them into place.

As an external, SqLite is particularly well suited for a wider range of
people to update.  And as a popular component, we should be able to find
the resources to enhance it.

If you would please describe what needs to be done in terms of
functionality and docs, let's make it so.

 > I still think LC has more to recommend it than Xojo, B4X, HAX,
 > Python...

We have that in common, and I hope we always do.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems