Questions about LC Server Apps

Jjs jjs at krutt.org
Wed Oct 9 05:29:01 EDT 2019

To be honest, i tried revigniter and i'm convinced it is good and working for some. But somehow i can't get my head around it unfortunately. I'm also not using lc server, i stopped it, too less examples. So for now i'm replicating my android app as webapp using html and php as there are millions of examples which help to build very quickly. And maybe for one part where I don't exactly understand how to use php i perhaps try to use lc. Perhaps later i can try to rewrite some php parts to lc.

William Prothero via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> schreef op 9 oktober 2019 04:10:31 CEST:
>Folks:
>I’m doing web stuff with php and Wordpress, and reading all of the
>postings about LC’s HTML5 deployment. Since I have done a lot of
>programming of LC and have a business license, it could be a lot easier
>to use LC in a server environment than struggling with my minimal php
>skills.
>
>The lessons for HTML5 are very, very minimal and leave a LOT
>unanswered. But, here’s what I think and perhaps you can correct any
>mis-conceptions.
>
>HTML5 deployment is basically an app that is downloaded and runs in a
>browser. It’s kinda like Flash and Director, except that the “plugin”
>is downloaded with the app and the browser runs the app in its built-in
>javascript engine. However, the tutorials for HTML5 are pretty much
>non-existent and I would expect a lot of hair-pulling (not that I have
>a lot of excess) in trying to use it.
>
>Using the livecode plugin is more in the style of php. Revigniter seems
>like a great application framework, and it uses the cgi mode of
>livecode. Revigniter seems like it would make building web sites using
>LC a lot easier, and would provide a lot of programming examples and
>handlers that would very much ease development.
>
>Has anybody use LC for a wordpress plugin? Or perhaps a basic wordpress
>site could exist alongside the LC supported site.
>
>What do you think? Feedback would be much appreciated.
>
>Best,
>Bill Prothero
>
>William A. Prothero
>http://earthlearningsolutions.org

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Android apparaat met K-9 Mail.