LiveCode now #49 at TIOBE Index!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Oct 6 13:49:08 EDT 2019

For the many questions that have arisen regarding TIOBE's methodology:

As a general rule, I ignore any ranking or polling publisher who doesn't
disclose their methodology. Thankfully TIOBE is not among those.

As JB already posted earlier, TIOBE publishes their definition on this
page, linked to from near the top of the Index page:

    https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/programming-languages-definition/

Additionally, there's an FAQ in the bottom portion of the Index page I'd
linked to, which provides some further useful background:

https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/

Like any means of assessing complex multivariate phenomena in a single
index, no doubt their ranking is imperfect.  But it's become an industry
go-to because so far it's the best we have.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems