Where do we want LiveCode to go? (was "Re: Where LiveCode is Now")

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 14:09:24 EDT 2019

I would like LiveCode to be "up there" in the top 5 of languages
used in school world-wide for teaching within the next 10 years.

I would like private educational institutions to invest in LiveCode
and supply large-scale feedback to LiveCode Central as to any
educational enhancements they may feel will improve the IDE for teaching
purposes.

For this to happen LiveCode has to be integrated into the curricula of
standardised
examinations.

In England and Scotland educationalists are complaining about an
alarming decrease
in high-school students enrolling in programming classes. I believe a
lot of this is due
to an extremely steep start to the learning curve offered by the
languages that are
currently "up there" and that LiveCode offers a far, far gentler entry
point to
young learners.

Richmond.