Recommended specs for Windows Development computer.

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Oct 4 11:09:25 EDT 2019

If Windows were girlfriends...

I used to hate Windows, back before 1995. I swore I'd never have anything to do with her, always pretending to be pretty, but it was just a mask over top of that ugly DOS. Windows 2000... nuther MEH! BORING!

XP! Now there was an improvement! I actually LIKED XP for a lot of reasons. Until the "compromising" of MD5 encryption. I could never share anything intimate with her again. Never mention ME in my presence. EVER! I swear I never touched her!

Then there was Windows 7. Ahhhh, seven. The Hebrew number for Completeness! How good and sweet that relationship was! I thought it would never end. I was a changed man. I could love again!

Then one day Daddy Microsoft busted the door down, took her by the hand, hauled her out the door and told me I would never see her again. Her ugly younger sister, Vista stayed behind to comfort me. That turned out badly. I stopped answering her text messages. She changed her name to Windows 8 thinking I wouldn't notice. Yeah... no.

Now I'm with Windows 10. Not what I would have asked for, but it's all that's left to me now. Weighs too much, moves too slow, looks bland, Very few curves, and is always making me work harder to get what I want from her. Keeps second guessing me, asking me if I really want to do what I just told her I wanted to do. Then asks again just to be sure. Sometimes doesn't do it anyway. Claims it would be "dangerous" and "damaging". <sigh>

I will always pine for my Windows 7. I could click her start button and get her going right away! And I would get exactly what I expected to get. Now, I have to search for what I want, and most of the time it's suggested I go elsewhere, like the internet to get it.

:-)
Bob S