There is a file

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri May 17 20:44:20 EDT 2019

I've tried all of them. -n -O one other. Apparently looking at the google results, lsof is simply by nature DOG SLOW. I mean dying dog with 2 broken legs and a clowder of cats scratching it's eyes out slow. I've checked Applescript forums too. Apprently there is no damned good way to tell if a file is open on a Mac without using the API provided by the OS. Sometimes Apple takes my breath away. And not in a good way.

Bob S