Call for a contributor: LC Server enhancement

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Mar 30 17:56:39 EDT 2019

Alex Tweedly wrote:
> Actually, I think it would also be good (if it's feasible) to have a way
> to invoke the font-loading from within LCS, so that e.g. a library that
> did intend to do graphics stuff could request font loading when needed.
> (Yes, I do have one of those - generates graphs, snapshots them into a
> JPG file and then includes that in the html output. :-)

I often use !#<path> to invoke LC engines, which gives me specific
command line options for a given script.

But it would be nice to support other ways to invoke the option for some
things and not others.

Given that it's taken years to get approval for -f, I'm reluctant to
overload the task with too many additional features at the outset,
though perhaps as a separate scope of work it may be worth pursuing if
we can find someone to implement it.

What sorts of things are you building that use specific fonts in
generated graphics on the server?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Liaison