LC 9 and Externals

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Mar 18 13:54:02 EDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 11:05 AM Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <

> So - probably best to ensure that any apps which need to run on Mojave
> and future
> macOS versions are built and work in 64-bit mode.

I recently finished transitioning ScreenSteps to 64-bit on macOS. I decided
to move all externals that my company maintains to extensions written in
LiveCode Builder using the Foreign Function Interface. I didn't want to
have to worry about compiling them in XCode ever again. As a benefit, in
most of my cases I find it is easier to add new features to LCB code than
to externals. It was a bit of work but I'm glad I did it.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps