get an overview of all scripts (e.g total lines of all scripts) of a stack

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Mar 12 19:58:38 EDT 2019

On 3/12/19 4:30 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

> My old stats collection included a tool for measuring Cyclomatic
> Complexity, re-weighting McCabe's classic algo in ways that provide a
> better assessment that takes xTalk's unique language characteristics
> into account.
>
> At some point I'll roll project metrics into the Projects pane in
> devolution, but truth be told I have a note about that right in the very
> place I'll be adding it, and no one's asked about it.

Well, I'll ask now. There's only a vague reference to metrics in
devolution, and you really have to know it's there in order to find it
(starting to sound familiar...?) Anyway, I got into a long discussion at
SCaLE about the drawbacks of most metrics, but Cyclomatic Complexity
would give very useful insight into the overall health of a project.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com