get an overview of all scripts (e.g total lines of all scripts) of a stack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Mar 12 19:30:44 EDT 2019

Matthias Rebbe wrote:

 > i might be wrong, but i think to remember that there was a plugin or
 > tool available some (maybe long) time ago which was able to give some
 > stats about the scripts in a stack  or was able to export all scripts
 > of a stack.

I used to write things like that, but now that the Project Browser shows
us the number of script lines and nested behaviors I haven't needed much
else.

I used to run stats on things back when I was porting large projects
from other xTalks, but those days are long gone, and I haven't needed
stats in most day-to-day work.

My old stats collection included a tool for measuring Cyclomatic
Complexity, re-weighting McCabe's classic algo in ways that provide a
better assessment that takes xTalk's unique language characteristics
into account.

At some point I'll roll project metrics into the Projects pane in
devolution, but truth be told I have a note about that right in the very
place I'll be adding it, and no one's asked about it.

What metrics are you looking for?  And what sort of overview would be
most helpful?  Maybe I can get motivated to fold those in....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems