Box2D

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 13:05:13 EDT 2019

HI Bob,

The problem here is that they keep adding stuff that they think we want now
- yes the 64bit is needed  they have to keep
up-to-date with the compile time options etc.

The problem is they put all resources into LCFM and forgot everything else.
Now yes we are promised Jam tomorrow and I hope
it turns out a fruity conserve but there is NO excuse for the new Sqlite
framework not getting done at all. I won't even mention the HTML
which is charged as the same as Indy and is still not ready for  prime time
(if I read between the lines of Hermann's posts).

Box2D was in testing over a year ago with Squirrel (nothing heard since).

They still have it wrong on the licensing. There should be seperate Android
and IOS only versions that DO NOT run out because as sure as eggs is eggs
every 18 Months
a new version of the Api/Compile time options/Plist/Libraries will change
and then the user  will need updates.

Now if like Xojo if they keep renewing active then they get a discount
automatically this is the way Xojo does it and B4X and Jetbrains to name a
few.
I don't expect anyone to even acknowledge what I am saying because people
necer want to admit that they are wrong until the shit hits the fan - but
I'm saying it anyway.

I want LC to thrive like the next man (or Woman or Binary or "Custom" - yes
Google allows Custom in their gmail signups now) but they seem to be trying
all things to get more money in except the bloody simplest way.

It would be of no use to me because I use the Windows and mac compilation
ontop of Android and IOS so it isn't me trying to save money ...... oh
what's the ~=/?@$£ point!!!!

I have  wasted my time arguing for the same thing for 5 years - 5 weeks to
see if the LCFM will really make LC better. I would like to be proved wrong
in a major way.

Lagi

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 at 17:34, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <