Develop on 9.5 DP1 and Deploy in 9.0.4 Stable?

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Sun Jun 2 13:11:54 EDT 2019

You should be able to do that unless you take advantage of any new features of the TreeView widget (preferences will get removed when saving from an earlier version).  The one possible issue would be with data grids (and other groups using container mode) - not sure how the container mode setting on the parent group would be handled.  Shouldn’t be too hard to figure out though.  The other adjustments (like putting an outline behind the DG as a separate object) should be fine in an earlier version.

I think that the accelerated rendering bug that impacts the browser widget probably shouldn’t be a factor in most cases.  If the majority of the screen is the widget and the controls outside are going to be static then there would probably be a performance hit using AR anyway.  In that case, the bug is avoided by turning AR off and that would actually be the better setting.

Thanks,
Brian