Livecode ODBC connection without DSN?

Dalton Calford dalton.calford at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 11:13:04 EDT 2019

Hi Bob,
This is a shame that this not is part of the ODBC implementation in
Livecode.
Many different languages allow for passing all the dsn information in the
connection string.    For example, DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)};DBQ=C:\path\to\eft.mdb; or Provider=MSDASQL;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC
3.51
Driver};SERVER=10.10.10.1;DATABASE=Example;UID=myusername;PWD=mypassword;
Most of the drivers I use are opensource and don't require a fee, but even
if they did, I would gladly pay if they gave my clients connectivity (as
long as the price is reasonable). Does anyone have a pointer to where in
the opensource codebase for livecode, I can find the revopendatabase and
associated libraries? I have not had time to download/review the codebase
and it would be helpful to get an idea of where the code is and a pointer
to any possible documentation for when I start investigating it.

best regards

Dalton

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 10:53, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <