Symantec quarantining LiveCode standalone on client's machine

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 06:18:38 EDT 2019

Easily fixed - remove Symantec - the biggest load of @*&^%$ Malware  out
there.
Blocks reports (well years ago it did) that were loaded as new processes
from two of the largest accountants financial  systems in uk.
slows down processing , tells me how good it's been by blocking 15 trillion
attacks in the last 2 days ..... Blocked connection when it felt like it on
working accounting systems , I could go on.

The best Antivirus is between your ears - but a lot of people don't seem to
use that one.

I only use Microsoft Security and that is switched off more than on,
especially when using LC. I haven't had antivirus on
my Macs for years  and no problems.

A quick trip to virustotal.com is all it needs. YMMV because you don't know
what sites users will go on.

Lagi

On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 at 21:04, Curt Ford via use-livecode <