XML To Array

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Jul 2 19:16:55 EDT 2019

> Hi all.
>
> I'm revisiting converting XML to Array. Toshiba has an export file for their scan templates in XML format. It's pretty complicated as you can imagine. I was hoping that I could use Trevor's XML to Array functions to get nodes that look something like:
>
> JobTemplates
> 	GroupList
> 		Group1
> 			Template1
> 			Template2
> 			Template3...
> 		Group2
> 			Template1
> 			Template2...

What are you hoping to get out of xml-to-array? Given that keys aren't
guaranteed to be unique, I think what you're seeing there makes sense.
Otherwise you'll stand the chance of losing data in translation. If you
don't convert to a numeric form with a concordance, as Trevor has done,
I don't see you you could possibly convert this xml to an array:

<combine class="TV_Show">
     <sources>
         <agent>com.plexapp.agents.none</agent>
         <agent>com.plexapp.agents.localmedia</agent>
     </sources>
</combine>

--
  Mark Wieder